Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weekender

Last weekend was one of the best of my college career. Drove up to San Francisco with some friends to watch the USC vs. Cal game, then explored the city, and got to hang out with my grandma! Skipped 2 days of class and gallivanted around the city like I had no responsibilities or obligations, and like it was summertime again and all I had to worry about was where I wanted to go next.

Now I'm back at school and things suck. More than usual because of the relative wonders of the weekend. Those who are close to me are probably sick of always hearing me complain about how I suck at school and I suck at life and I hate everything and I'm going to drop out and become a trophy wife.

So first, a thank you to all who hear me out and let me complain without gouging out my eyes with a toothpick. You mean the world to me and I really don't know where I would be without you.
Second, I'm not trying to be dramatic. I really do feel this shitty about myself. I know it's not healthy and I know I need to make an effort to lighten up and stop being so hard on myself, but really nothing is so disheartening as feeling like I've tried my best and never getting the results to reflect my efforts. Then trying again and trying to keep improving myself and seeing everything remain stagnant.
Then I'm left in a puddle of misery wondering what more I can do. And I splash around in it and make sure everyone around me feels a droplet or two. Awesome.

So. In an effort to feel better, here are some things that don't suck about my life:
1. I'm (hopefully) going to get a degree in biochemistry from USC.
2. Trader Joe's Mac n Cheese. Aka I never go hungry.
3. Ultimate is fun. And my body functions sufficiently for me to play.
4. Oreo is the cutest puppy in the world (even 3000 miles away).
5. I have a loving and supportive family.
6. I have the cutest grandma.
7. I have amazing friends both here in LA and in ATL.
8. School isn't real life anyway.
9. (I don't think) I'm too ugly to be a trophy wife.
10. If I do become homeless at least it's warm here!

That was therapeutic. I really should find more things that I enjoy and do them more. This school thing has to be overrated.

Photos!

Sea lions. Which one am I??
Overlooking San Francisco.
It was a beautiful, warm, unfoggy day at the Golden Gate Bridge.
With Charlie!
Sky colors are amazing!
Grandma's shrimp dumplings! With a whole thing of cilantro :)
Grandma's pork and cilantro buns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment