Saturday, November 26, 2011

Being Thankful

So, I failed at posting more often and it's now been what, 5 weeks, since my last post? I'm finding myself back in the bay area, in Oakland with my grandma for Thanksgiving. She's awesome. Here's just a taster of why:
Homemade wontons with baby bok choy and poached egg.
Customary first-night dinner.
Homemade chive dumplings. Like, from dough. and chives. amazing.
Homemade oxtail soup. Likely my favorite soup of all time.

Before this the last 2 weeks were consumed by ultimate. Sean Ryan in beautiful Santa Cruz and Socal warmup in San Diego. So excited for spring season!
Gorgeous Santa Cruz.
Less gorgeous me backhand. (Photo cred to the
adorable Sparrow, who will likely never read this.)
We also went on a badass ropes course as a
team bonding event. Shit was 3 stories tall
and ended in a zipline.

And as always, a football update:
1. We beat Oregon. (Stolen from Arrogant Nation)
2. Kiff's face. He doesn't take shit. That means you, NCAA.
3. We 'play' fUCLA tomorrow.
They've already clinched the Pac-12 South (in pathetic fashion) and will most likely play Oregon for the Pac-11 championship (not a bowl game). bRuin murder 2 weeks in a row. Furthermore, these next 2 weeks will push fUCLA into losing record territory, requiring the Pac-11 to apply for a waiver for them to be allowed to play in a bowl game. Way to represent the Pac-11 as a respectable football conference, Larry Scott. Shafting the one good thing about the Pac-11. Except for legalized physician-assisted suicide in the state of Oregon. That's good too.

By the way, USC will have beaten both of the teams playing in the Pac-11 champ game next week. Nothing like knowing you deserve to be below us. Right, Neuheisel? Enjoy the closing gap... of your job security.

The Arrogant Nation game recap from last week's duck feast and 'game' preview for the coming bRuin-assault tomorrow are both gems:
http://lostangelesblog.wordpress.com/

What am I going to do when college football season ends?


Meanwhile I've also been job searching. No fun pictures there. Or promises of success and prosperity.

The coming weeks entail 1 last week of school, 1 week of study days, and 2 days of 3 finals. Then I'm home for 2.5 weeks, then SNOWBOARDING IN COLORADO WITH KARA OMG.

Also, I will legally be able to buy alcohol soon. Awesome.

Back to LA in the morning for the 'rivalry game.' The last home game of my undergraduate career. Welp.

Fuzzy picture to make me feel better
about bittersweet tomorrow.

1 comment: