Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Austin, we have a Felicia.

An extended weekend in Austin, TX after the international trip is confirmed. I'll be there to visit Alex, my ATL-BFF since middle school. Yes, my summer will be surreal. No real person gets to just do/go whatever/wherver the hell they want. I'm fortunate to say the least. And appreciative.

In other Texas-related news, the Mavs continued to dominate in the NBA Playoffs last night. I'd be really happy if they won the championship this year especially considering the impressive manner in which they shredded the Lakers. But really, I'd be satisfied as long as the Heat lose.
Dirk Nowitzki, with 48 points, 12-15 FGs,
and a perfect 24-24 FTs last night.
Oh, and he's 7 feet tall and can shoot 3's. What.
And in other sports news, who the hell scheduled the USC @ Cal Weekender game on a Thursday? And the USC @ CU Boulder game on a Friday? Looks like I'll be back in Tempe, AZ again :)

Oh, and Robert Woods was next to me and Charlie at Armando's today. I always really want to talk to athletes when I see them around, happy that I recognize their faces, but I have nothing to say. Hm. "Oh! You're Robert Woods! You're a great wide receiver who won basically every freshman athletic award as a true freshman starter!" "Uh... Yeah." Yeah, I'll pass on that awkward interaction, and instead just smile knowingly. (Side note: Armando's new beef taquito plate is delicious. 3 crisp beef/potato taquitos with guac, rice, pinto beans, little mound of lettuce and tomatoes. I recommend the salsa verde to accompany. $5. Clutch.)

Leaving for Hawaii tomorrow morning, seeing my cousin Alex there.

Eeek it's actually happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment