Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bubble Wrap

First and foremost, a HUGE thank you to Charlie who basically saved my ass when I retardedly left my laptop charger in LA, and he so kindly mailed it to me in Hawaii.

Excessive bubble wrap = surprise entertainment!
Self-explanatory. Alex thinks he looks particularly welcoming.
I ran up the biggest staircase in the hike.
Yeah, it was paved. Boo. Tourism.
View from the top-- this is why Diamond Head used to be a
military observation station. Panorama win.
Tourism, Hawaii's primary moneymaking industry.
Inside scoop says they're building a Disney on the West side of Oahu.
Azuki shaved ice from Waiola!
I will walk my ass here for more.
...It's less than a mile from Alex's.


Side note-- I am dismayingly disastrous at remembering Hawaiian names/locations. They all sound the same to me so the only way I ever know how to caption my photos is because Alex is an avid Yelper via iPhone, so I check Facebook to know where I was that day. Technology can be so great sometimes.

Also, we are great company, mainly because we are both incapable at resisting tasty food even if we just finished eating. Good thing there are countless hikes around but just in case it isn't enough, I apologize in advance if I return to America as an obese child. If that's the case, I fully expect everyone who actually cares about me to force me to stop being fat by whatever means necessary. And since we're on the topic of my personal wishes, please never let me exist in a vegetative state. It's not living. Pull the plug, or I will haunt you :)

On a brighter note, today's adventures:
At Pearl Harbor/USS Arizona Memorial.
Alex had a job interview which is why he looks so formal.
At Dole Plantation! They are known for growing
and canning pineapples in case you weren't aware.
Pineapple! Spiky! Cute!
Lots of pineapples!
Adorable little surfer kid at Waimea Bay. I bodyboarded a bit.
No cool pictures to show for it.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment