Friday, May 20, 2011

We're like sisters!

In Honolulu with my cousin Alex. He is turning me into a girl. Manicure. Shopping. Enlisting the entire staff at Kate Spade to get me to try on the most colorful sundresses in the store... with matching shoes.

Me with cousin, Alex, who brought me a beautiful,
fragrant tuber rose/carnation lei.
Wai'alae Beach Park, in Kahala area of Oahu.
It is mine.
I don't know why we're squatting.
Dinner! Imported from Gma in Oakland!
Except for the cute baby bok choys.
I contributed by doing dishes.
Day two: Alex's quest to turn me into a girl.
Also, I keep being mistaken for a local. Three separate occasions today. It's pretty great. As in... I'm Asian and tan.
And I got hit on in a Sports Authority, and the guy didn't quite know what to do with himself when I said I was from LA but was interested in hiking/beaches/snorkeling/etc. during my visit. Then offers to do all of those fun, outdoorsy things with me ensued. Fun stuff. Might not be a terrible idea if I can get a free surfing lesson out of it :)
A colorful Kate Spade purse!
Also, a great view of my monster tan line.
Lunch: Gomaichi Ramen! Spicy soy paste-based soup,
tonkatsu, and tatsua age chicken!
His hands are better kept than mine. And the Viet
women kept laughing at my nasty feet and insisting that
I get a pedicure too, which I did NOT.
If anything, they should be grateful that I don't
let them touch my nasty, calloused feet.
 Don't worry, this gender transformation effort won't last long. There are a few cultural/historic events on the list, but the rest is all hiking/outdoorsy stuff. Superfun!

1 comment: