Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dirty Little Piggy

The last few days in Taipei since getting back from Kaoshung have consisted of hanging out with my mom's siblings and their families here in Taipei.

I'm now sitting in Taipei airport for another hour (delayed flight) before sitting in the Seoul airport for 3 more hours (layover), followed 11.5 hours across the Pacific until I'm back in LA. I'm not really sure what to do now that a dream summer has been fulfilled and it actually happened and now it's over and in a few more domestic weeks I'll need to re-orient myself for another semester and the return to real life. There are so many thoughts and emotions right now that I can't begin to sort them out, not that I'm any good at that to begin with as anyone who reads this would know.Also working on the chances and means of importing some of these dream-life thoughts and feelings into real life. And learning to allow myself to be happy.

Meanwhile I have Gaga on repeat singing about how she can't deny Judas. Catchy. Then she gets stoned to death.

So, mini-recap:
Got back from Kaoshung Friday night. Chilled.

Went to visit my grandpa's grave with family on Saturday morning, had AYCE Thai lunch, got my nails prettied (dark red), and went to an LGBT help hotline fundraiser with Titan. My Chinese is decent for getting around and speaking/understanding in everyday life but I still can't entirely grasp slang or crude jokes. Too bad.

Sunday went to a dam area and ate a HUGE fish. As in, 15ish pounds, in 6 distinct preparations, shared between 8 people, went and ultimatted in the muddiness, went to Shida night market and ate stinky tofu and icy desserts with Titan and an aunt. Went home, cleaned/packed/whatever, and got onto Skype and had my entire being questioned. In the best way possible.

Kungpao fish. One of the 6 dishes made from the same fish.
Convenience in Taipei is unparalleled. Do you want Famiy Mart or
7-Eleven? Or the other Family Mart? Or the other 7-Eleven??
I love seeing the layered ridges in the distance.
I still miss Oreo.
White jersey, now brown. Good job, Licious.
At least I run straight..
LA in Taipei: 2 Trojans and 2 Bruins. Fight on!
Katherine (Nano) and I, slightly cleaner and repping our schools.
Stinky tofu and rice noodles at the night market. Crisped to
perfection hence doesn't need to be drenched in some crazy sauce.
Mmm fermentation!
Lastly, I love all of the new stamps and stickers in my passport :)
Can only hope I will be fortunate enough to acquire more!

1 comment:

  1. Why no more posts? I am waiting for your sharing your thoughts/conclusion about this great journey. :D

    ReplyDelete