Friday, July 15, 2011

Typhoon Season

Rains in Kaoshung have been crazy these past few days and when it comes to watery precipitation I'm basically the wicked witch of the west. Here's hoping Sunday in Taipei will be dry so I can play pickup one last time, especially since one of the supersweet Taiwanese girls was willing to lend me her cleats until Monday, after thoroughly beating my cleat-less ass on Tuesday. Also hoping for non-typhoon winds and rain on Monday so my flight can depart without troubles.

Musical Recap of Tuesday in Danshui and CKS Memorial:
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you.
By the sea, Mr. Todd, that's the life I covet
By the sea, Mr. Todd, oh I know you'd love it.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.
A new day will down for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter.
Doo do do do do do
Doo do do do do do
(Pirates theme song)
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it
And its morals aren't worth what a pig would spit
And it goes by the name of London.
Heart-carved treetrunk, Yankee bayonet
A sweetheart left behind.
Let it Bee, Let it Bee
Let it Bee, Let it Bee
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it Bee.
Happy times together we've been spending
I wish that every kiss was never ending.
There are giants in the sky
There are big tall terrible
Awesome scary wonderful
Giants in the sky!
Your arms are my castle
Your heart is my sky
 In Kaoshung all I've really done is eat. And sleep. And Skype. As Titan says, I'm a little piggy. Endearingly, of course.
Various preparations of mutton, which Kaoshung is known for.
Shaved ice: red bean, yi ren, boba, pineapple, almond jelly,
black sugar syrup.
Sortof ghetto but so delicious homemade pepper
sauce at a market in Gangshan. Noodles.
Midnight snack, courtesy of aunt/uncle. Fresh made green onion
pancakes and mung bean + fresh milk.
 Back to Taipei tomorrow night (aka right now). Then some fam time and more eating over the weekend, then back to the states on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment